Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lou Piniella Resign 20 July 2010


Even "Sweet Lou" can not serenade a goat and an end to Chicago more than 100 years, the curse of October.

Piniella announced his resignation on Tuesday, which will come into force in late 2010. 66-year-old is in the final season of 4-year contract with Chicago, which celebrates its 40th season in the majors (18 as a player, 22 as a manager.)


"I could not be more grateful to the Cubs for giving me the opportunity to manage this ballclub", Piniella said in a statement. I had a wonderful four years here that I would not trade for anything in the world. I loved the city and the fans, but at my age (67 at the end of the season) will now enter a new phase in my life. "

As Piniella entering a new phase, so that the pups. Chicago took the compensation division titles in 2007 and 2008, and 83 wins was not enough last season for the third-straight Games appearance. Entering Tuesday night, Cubs and their 102-year World Series championship drought Sat 10.5 games back in the race the National League Central.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

| News Alert © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |